The best pop up tent requires the user to erect a heavy wooden or metal framework. Then they have to place an awkward to maneuver canvas over the framework. The entire structure is held in place using ropes and spikes. Because of its weight and because of the awkward shape of some of the pieces, transporting a conventional tent to a camping site can be challenging. Conversely, a pop-up camping tent is designed to be lightweight, portable, and easy to set up. Most campers can carry a pop-up tent on their back. When they arrive at the campsite, they only find a suitable location to place the tent and then easily manipulated the framework until everything snaps into place. There are a variety of pop-up tents, each with its unique set up mechanism and each made with distinct materials.
Table of Contents
- What to Look for When Purchasing a Pop-Up Tent?
- 18. Large Pop Up Camping Hiking Tent Automatic Instant Setup Easy Fold back – Red + Blue
- 17. Gazelle Outdoors Camouflage Camping Hiking Easy Setup Instant Pop-up Tent
- 16. Yodo Easy Up Instant Tent for Family Camping, Orange/ Blue
- 15. STAR HOME Seconds Pop-up Quick-opening Tents 3-4 Person (BLUE) – Large Pop up Tent
- 14. Kany Outdoor Automatic Pop-up Instant Portable Cabana Beach Tent 2-3 Person Camping Fishing Hiking Picnicing Protective Anti-UV Beach Tent Sun Shelter Canopy Quick Set Up
- 13. Winterial 2-Person Instant POP UP Tent – Perfect for Camping / Festivals / Over-Night Trips / Quick / Portable
- 12. Genji Sports Instant Camping Tent – Easy Assemble Tents
- 11. Pop Up Tent by Survival Hax – Automatic & Instant Setup – Lightweight 2 to 4 Person Tent includes Portable Pack for Hiking and Camping
- 10. Coleman Instant Cabin Tent
- 9. FiveJoy Instant 4-Person Pop Up Tent – Set Up in Lightning Speed, Easy Fold Up into Portable Carrying Case Including Stakes – Ideal Automatic Shelter for Family Camping, Hiking, Outdoors, Festivals
- 8. Emarth Pop-up Instant Tent, 4-Person Camping/Backpacking Family Dome Tent
- 7. Pop Up Tent by TSWA – Automatic & Instant Setup Dome Waterproof Tents for Backpacking 3-4 Person Portable Pack for Hiking and Camping shelters
- 6. Mountaintop Outdoor 2-3 Person Camping Tent/Backpacking Tents with Carry Bag, Automatic 3 Season Tents for Camping Hiking
- 5.Large Pop Up Camping Hiking Tent Automatic Instant Setup Easy Fold back Shelter
- 4. Luxetempo 2 Person Pop Up Camping Tent for Recreation Seconds Setup Tent-2 Doors 2 Windows Mesh Ceiling with Rainfly – Small Pop up Tent
- 3. Leapair Instant 2-3 Person Tent Pop Up Hydraulic Pressure Automatic Tents for Camping Fishing Outdoor Over-Night Trips
- 2. Quechua Waterproof Pop Up Camping Tent 2 Seconds XL AIR III, 3 Man
- 1. Coleman – The Best Pop Up Tent in 2017 For Your Camping
- Final Words
What to Look for When Purchasing a Pop-Up Tent?
With so many pop-up tents available on the market, it can be overwhelming for a first-time tent buyer to know what they should look for. The first criteria to consider is the size of the tent. To determine this, first, identify the number of people you will have with you in your party. If you’re going to keep your camping gear inside of your tent, you should count that as one person. It is good to buy a tent that is just a little bit larger than the number of people you plan on occupying it with.
This will give you a little bit of breathing room and some much-needed privacy. You will want to decide between having a double skinned or a single skinned tent. The double skin has more insulation, will protect you better from the rain and will continue to keep you protected from the weather even if the exterior skin is damaged. A single skin tent is lightweight and provides more internal space when you compare its size and its weight. And in some instances, it is cheaper. A good pop-up tent will be made from waterproof material and will have air vents.
18. Large Pop Up Camping Hiking Tent Automatic Instant Setup Easy Fold back – Red + Blue
This pop-up tent is made from durable 190T polyester. It features a large D door, and it also has multiple windows, which are protected via mesh screen. It’s relatively large, with a 6.6’ x 6.6’ x 3.94’ dimensions. It has ground stakes, a carry bag, and is also equipped with wind strings. What you will like about this product is that you do not have to go through a lot of rigmarole to set the product up. You just throw it, and it pops up instantly.
It is large enough to allow three people to lay side-by-side comfortably, or you can fit a queen-size air mattress in the tent. Since the tent only weighs 4 pounds, it is easy to transport in and out of a camping location. On the downside, since the tent is not clearly waterproof, you will need to use some rain fly to cover the top. The bottom of the tent is waterproof, so you will not need to worry about moisture from the ground seeping into your tent. The tent is tall enough to allow an individual who is 6 feet tall to move around comfortably. It provides all the protection one would need while enjoying the great outdoors.
17. Gazelle Outdoors Camouflage Camping Hiking Easy Setup Instant Pop-up Tent
Like the previous model would review, this tent is produced by Gazelle Outdoors. This company has developed a stellar reputation for creating affordable, yet quality tent material. This model is made from 190 T polyester, and it has been coated with silver to protect it from UV rays. It is easy to get in and out of this tent thanks to the full-size D door at the front of the tent. You will not need to worry about air ventilation because the tent has windows, which, like the front door, have a mesh screen. It is a fairly large tent, with a 6.6 x 6.6 x 3.94’ dimension.
When used outdoors, the tent can be set up using the ground stakes. However, many have used this tent as a place for their children to play indoors, and they are happy to note that the tent can set up just as easily without the ground stakes when wind is not a problem.
The camouflage material and the fact that the tent only weighs 4 pounds makes it the perfect accessory for any camping excursion. While the tent is not waterproof, it is water resistant. If you use a water repellent on the outside of the tent, it should hold up to most storms. It is the perfect tent for two or three people.
16. Yodo Easy Up Instant Tent for Family Camping, Orange/ Blue
This tent is designed for individuals who are looking to set up a comfortable structure fast. One of its features includes preassembled poles that will allow you to have your tent up and to run in just a few seconds. It has a unique two-door design, which is perfect for ventilation. Since it has D-shaped doors, it is easy for you to get in and out, even if you are a larger adult.
Thanks to its reflective guy lines, the tent has a greater visibility during the night. The inside of the tent has pockets or compartments that you can use to store your gear. This way, everything stays nice, organized, and dry. With an 80 x 80” footprint and dimensions of 91 x 83 x 57”, this tent is designed to be the perfect camping accessory for two or three adults. And at 11.7 pounds, it’s going to be easy for you to transport this tent in and out of the camping site.
A unique feature about this tent is that it is versatile. The fly can be used on its own to provide shelter without even setting up the tent.
15. STAR HOME Seconds Pop-up Quick-opening Tents 3-4 Person (BLUE) – Large Pop up Tent
With the ability to comfortably fit three people, a 4 ½ foot height and a 9.5 x 6.5’ floor area, this tent is more than sufficient to cover most camper’s needs. It is made from a PU coated 190T polyester. It has a 4,000 mm waterproof rating and super strong poles that are made from fiberglass. The tent pegs are made from galvanized iron, and so you know they’re going to be solid. It has two doors, a front, and back that have zippered nylon. The entire tent can be open, or you can have the door open and the screen mesh material closed to prevent bugs from coming in. It is equipped with storage pockets that allow you to keep all of your gear organized.
One of the unique features about this tent is how easy it is to put up. If there are no heavy winds, the tent can be put up in a matter of seconds. Taking the tent down can be a little bit of a challenge, but once you master the skill, the process becomes a lot quicker. Since the product only weighs 8 pounds, it is easy to transport it with you wherever you go.
14. Kany Outdoor Automatic Pop-up Instant Portable Cabana Beach Tent 2-3 Person Camping Fishing Hiking Picnicing Protective Anti-UV Beach Tent Sun Shelter Canopy Quick Set Up
Thanks to its unique pop-up design, you will never need to worry about assembling the tent. Unlike some of the other models we have reviewed up to this point, this tent has the unique distinction of being able to pop up and pop down easily in a matter of seconds. The tent’s fabric is coated in silver, with the goal of providing UV protection.
The tent comes equipped with two built-in sand pockets and four fixed bands, all designed to keep the tent in place even in the strongest winds. It is relatively large at 78.7×47.3×51 inches. It is super lightweight, weighing only 2.2 pounds. So you can easily carry it wherever you want to go, such as to the beach, the park, or on a camping trip.
13. Winterial 2-Person Instant POP UP Tent – Perfect for Camping / Festivals / Over-Night Trips / Quick / Portable
This is the perfect tent for two people, whether it’s going to be used at a festival or on an overnight camping trip. It is not exceptionally large, coming in at around 90 x 50 x 42”, but it does provide enough room for at least two people and their sleeping pads. Ventilation is cared for by a large front door as well as two side windows. The poles are made from fiberglass, and hooked stakes are provided. The tent is water resistant, but it is not waterproof. So you will have to protect yourself against heavier rains by using a tarp or a waterproofing spray. Weighing in at 4.8 pounds, the tent is light enough for you to throw it over your shoulder and take it with you as you hike and camp.
12. Genji Sports Instant Camping Tent – Easy Assemble Tents
One step is all you need to take as a set up this pop-up camping tent. Two seconds to put the tent up, and five seconds to take it down. One of the reasons why it is so quick to install is because it has a uniquely designed pole system, and it is assembled as one piece. You will be able to easily get in and out of your tent thanks to the large D-shaped door. Also, multiple windows protected by mesh provide the ventilation you need. The tent covers a 35.4-inch ground area and has dimensions of 6.3 x 6.3 x 27.56. It is relatively light, coming in at 8.35 pounds.
11. Pop Up Tent by Survival Hax – Automatic & Instant Setup – Lightweight 2 to 4 Person Tent includes Portable Pack for Hiking and Camping
This tent is designed to make pitching a tent as easy as possible. You throw it into the air and it opens up. Since it is so light, weighing in at only 3.5 pounds, it’s easy for you to take it with you on biking trips, on backpacking trips, and on hikes. This is a four person tent. It is a 6.5’ x 6.5’ tent. So you’re going to have enough room for up to four adults or two adults and two children. A unique feature of this tent that it has a front and back door. So you will be able to enjoy the beauty of nature as well as get a nice breeze.
10. Coleman Instant Cabin Tent
The 150 D/150 D polyester seams and an interior that is large enough to house to queen-size air beds make the Coleman Instant Cabin Tent the perfect place for up to six people to enjoy their camping experience. While it is not as light as some of the other tents we have reviewed, weighing 24.9 pounds, for its size, it is relatively light. The tent has a 72×108×120 inch dimension. At its center, it stands 6’2 in height. This is more than enough space for most people to stand and stretch out. The floor has inverted seams to keep water out, and it has a built in rain fly for added water protection.
9. FiveJoy Instant 4-Person Pop Up Tent – Set Up in Lightning Speed, Easy Fold Up into Portable Carrying Case Including Stakes – Ideal Automatic Shelter for Family Camping, Hiking, Outdoors, Festivals
You’re going to be impressed at your ability to simply remove the tent from its packaging and watch it set itself up automatically. Its double doors will allow you easy access into the tent, and its multiple meshes covered windows will allow perfect ventilation while at the same time protecting your privacy. On the inside, storage pockets allow you to keep your tent neat and organized. It is easy to carry this 8.1 pound, four person tent around using the carrying bag that comes with it. With this tent, you’ll throw it up in the air, watch it set up, sit back, and laugh at your friends who are fighting to set up their tents.
8. Emarth Pop-up Instant Tent, 4-Person Camping/Backpacking Family Dome Tent
This model has a double door design and enough space for you and your friends to enjoy themselves. These are just a few of the benefits this tent provides. At only 9.3 pounds and equipped shock-corded fiberglass poles, this tent is easy to put up. It goes up and comes down without needing tools. The stakes that are included will increase the stability of your tent in windy conditions. This tent is perfect for two adults and two children.
7. Pop Up Tent by TSWA – Automatic & Instant Setup Dome Waterproof Tents for Backpacking 3-4 Person Portable Pack for Hiking and Camping shelters
This pop-up tent was designed with the idea that camping should be fun. For this reason, the instant tent is designed to set up easily, and it comfortably fit between three and four adults. With a waterproof index of 1,500 mm and coming equipped with nails, ropes, and a compressed bag to carry the straps, this tent is everything that you need to allow you and your family to enjoy a comfortable camping outing.
6. Mountaintop Outdoor 2-3 Person Camping Tent/Backpacking Tents with Carry Bag, Automatic 3 Season Tents for Camping Hiking
Attractive and easy to set up and take down, this tent is the perfect camping accessory to accommodate up to four adults. The tent’s dimensions are 72.8 x 72.8 x 49.2”. It is equipped with dual doors that allow you to get in and out without needing to climb over the other people in the tent. The rain fly can be used as a ground sheet or can be used on its own to provide some protection without needing the tent to be set up. At 8 pounds, it’s easy to carry in and out of your camping site.
5.Large Pop Up Camping Hiking Tent Automatic Instant Setup Easy Fold back Shelter
This tent is designed to work without external components such as covers or poles. All you need to do is throw it up in the air, and it’ll set itself up. The tent is designed for three smaller individuals. In addition to working well as a camping tent, it is also a perfect playhouse for children. It is made of a durable, easy to clean tarp material. And since it only weighs 5 pounds, it is easy to move from place to place.
4. Luxetempo 2 Person Pop Up Camping Tent for Recreation Seconds Setup Tent-2 Doors 2 Windows Mesh Ceiling with Rainfly – Small Pop up Tent
Ten seconds is all you need to get this pop-up tent up and running. It is 86.6 inches long, 52 inches wide, and 41.3 inches tall. There is enough room in here for two adults or three small children. In addition to keeping you and your family protected from the elements, you can keep your gear organized thanks to the storage this tent has. Large mesh doors, large windows, and a mesh covering allow you to enjoy the breeze and get sufficient ventilation, while at the same time keeping unwanted insects out.
3. Leapair Instant 2-3 Person Tent Pop Up Hydraulic Pressure Automatic Tents for Camping Fishing Outdoor Over-Night Trips
With a detachable rain fly that can be used as a ground sheet, an interior pocket for keeping your gear organized, and an interior hook for hanging light, this pop-up tent is perfect or campers who want to enjoy the great outdoors while at the same time maintaining a measure of comfort. Taking advantage of air hydraulic technology, this tent allows the user to simply spread it out on the ground, lift it up, and call it a day. UV resistant polyester helps to protect campers from harmful sun rays.
2. Quechua Waterproof Pop Up Camping Tent 2 Seconds XL AIR III, 3 Man
Although this one of the most expensive tents in our review, it is more than worth it. It is easy to open, easy to close, and it is very attractive. It is equipped with a large D-shaped door that allows people to climb in and out of the tent without needing to climb over each other. The tent is designed to be waterproof for up to four hours, even if it is assaulted by 200 L of water per hour. The UV protection provided by the exterior of the tent is designed to protect the occupant’s skin from sun damage. The tent weighs 10.95 pounds, has enough room for three people, and has dimensions of 5.2 x 37 x 37”.
1. Coleman – The Best Pop Up Tent in 2017 For Your Camping
This tent is designed to sleep two people and can be set up in less than 60 seconds. It is very lightweight, and it is perfect for use at festivals, fishing trips, or last-minute camping excursions. It’s light, coming in at 7 pounds and is relatively compact with the dimension of 27.5 x 1.5 x 27.3”. This tent assembles itself. It can be a challenge to get it back together, but it’s not that hard that it can’t be done. While the tent will stand up to a medium rainfall, you will want to purchase a tarp if you are expecting heavy rain or the wind.
Camping is an enjoyable pastime. The better the tent, the more fun you will have. We hope that our review has given you a basic idea of what to expect when purchasing a pop-up tent, as well as some things to consider before making the purchase. Happy camping.